By Inspark Team on Dec 18, 2018 5:00:15 PM
Inspark Webinar Series featured the creators of three civic engagement courses from the AASCU Blended Course Consortium, now an Inspark Partner, on Wednesday, December 5th, 2018. Below is a recording and more details.
We are excited to announce this new partnership with the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), bringing new civic engagement courses to the Inspark Community to adopt and adapt using the new Smart Sparrow platform.
New AASCU courses now available:
- Science For Citizens (Steven Koether, Sam Houston State University)
- Global Challenges (Dr. Tina Zappile, Stockton University)
- Economic Inequality (Kimberly Schmidl-Gagne, Keene State College, Dr. Patrick Dolenc, Keene State College)
Note: in the recording, the presenters Kimberly and Patrick had to run off to teach at the end and apologize in advance!
In this webinar, you will:
- Understand how these AASCU faculty created their courses with the Smart Sparrow platform.
- See demonstrations of the civic engagement courses.
- Learn how to use the courses with your students, and adapt it to meet your needs.
About the Inspark Teaching Network
The Inspark Teaching Network is a partnership between institutions of tertiary and secondary education, scientists, researchers, and education experts working to transform teaching and learning. The network has created a series of courses empowering educators to collaborate, build, and share next-generation learning experiences. The courseware harnesses the latest personalized, interactive digital learning technologies, while focusing on active learning, designed to spark a virtuous circle of student curiosity, discovery, and exploration. The Inspark Teaching Network is powered by the Smart Sparrow platform, in partnership with Arizona State University's Center for Education Through eXploration, and initially funded by a Gates Foundation grant. Learn more at www.inspark.education/teach/about.